This website is for informational purposes only. Doctors cannot provide a diagnosis or individual treatment advice online or via email. Please consult your physician about your specific health concerns. Contact with Dr. Burns via social media or the website does not establish a doctor patient relationship.
Dr. Katherine Burns reserves the right to ignore any contact attempted through any means (blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, email, etc). Posts and links do not constitute medical advice, suggestion, recommendation, and do not reflect the opinions of her employer or of SSM Health. Following, contacting or friending people on social media sites does not constitute an endorsement of that individual or group.
The content on this site is intended for informational use only; some is third party information. Although every effort is made to keep the content up to date and accurate, Dr. Katherine Burns and the website kburnsmd.com are not responsible for the accuracy of the content and the content does not necessarily reflect her opinion and does not reflect the opinion of her employer or SSM Health. The medical field is constantly changing. Dr. Katherine Burns reserves the right to change her opinions at any time. All posts (Blog, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vine) any and all other social media posts may be updated, changed, or deleted at any time. Dr. Katherine Burns reserves the right to delete comments on her posts at any time, for any reason.
Posts on this website are HIPAA compliant. If patient identifiers are present, as in testimonials or patient videos, patients have given explicit consent for protected health information to be used on the website kburnsmd.com.
By using and browsing the site, you voluntarily agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to the terms below, immediately exit the site and you may not use the site.
- Under no circumstances will Dr. Katherine Burns, the website kburnsmd.com, her employer, and/or SSM Health, be held liable for any direct or indirect damages arising in connection with use of this site. Posts and links are not medical advice. Opting to participate by liking/ following/ friending/ subscribing will result in your user identity being known and viewed by other members and therefore your participation is not confidential.
- By leaving or linking to comments or discussions that have personally identifiable information, you are agreeing to have your image or identity known and published online. You acknowledge this is a public domain and may be viewed by anyone.
- You agree that you will not violate any state, federal or international laws and regulations, including but not limited to intellectual property and copyright laws. You may not transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another’s privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined by Dr. Katherine Burns.
- Dr. Katherine Burns reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to kburnsmd.com, at any time, without notice and for any reason and in sole discretion.
- You shall defend, indemnify, and hold Dr. Katherine Burns, kburnsmd.com and her employer and SSM Health and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to a social media site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of this Policy.
- By posting any content on any social media site, you grant to Dr. Katherine Burns and kburnsmd.com the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content.
- You expressly acknowledge that you assume all responsibility for the risks inherent in transmitting information across the internet.
- This policy may be updated at any time, without notice, and you agree to any new terms and conditions each time you access the site. The new policy will be effective upon posting the policy. The site policy should be reviewed at regular intervals and before posting or using the site.