With confirmed cases of COVID-19 in St. Louis, Dr. Burns and her staff at SSM Orthopedics are taking proactive steps to ensure the continued safety of our patients, visitors, physicians, staff and communities. We always adhere to the highest standards of hand hygiene and disinfection. We are now offering telehealth visits to our patients with nonurgent concerns and for routine follow-up. We still offer in person visits for urgent concerns. Call our office to schedule your appointment or telehealth visit at 314-291-7900.
Please be aware that our office is screening all patients for symptoms and risk factors for COVID-19, including taking visitors’ temperature at the time of the visit. We also ask that each patient attend the appointment alone, and are limiting the visit to the patient only.
There is a lot you can do to keep yourself safe:
- Wash your hands frequently. Use alcohol based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, face, or eyes.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home or work.
- Avoid large groups of people, and maintain at least 6 feet of distance between yourself and others.
- Cover your cough with an elbow, tissue, or wear a mask. Don’t use your hand.
- If you are sick, do not travel or go to work.
- Consider wearing a mask in public places.
At this time, we have postponed elective surgery in accordance with recommendations from the surgeon general and the CDC.
- What to do if your surgery has been postponed
- CDC coronavirus FAQ
Leave a reply